- To live fit and healthy, you need to be physically active. Regular physical activity can help protect you from serious diseases such as obesity, heart disease, cancer, mental illness and diabetes. Riding bicycle is one of the best ways to reduce your risk of health problems.
- Cycling is a healthy, low-impact exercise that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, from young children to older adults. It is also fun, cheap and good for the environment.
When it was?
- Today I will talk about a trip on which I went with my friends five years ago. I was lived in a hostel during college/school studies.
- We were three girls who share the room, and each one had their bicycle, on that we used to go to school because our hostel was located outside he school/college.
Where you went?
- During the start of the winter, we decided to go to Mohali for shopping on bicycles. We took permission from our hostel warden for an outing on the weekend.
- We took all necessary riding gear like gloves, helmets and water bottles.
- We started our trip early in the morning.
- There were two villages on the way. After half an hour, we stopped near the first village to rest and had a cup of tea.
What happened during the trip?
- We started riding again after 15 minutes.
- After covering one kilometre, one of my friend’s cycle stopped because the cycle chain was broken, luckily it had happened near a workshop.
- We went there and asked for help.
- The mechanic took 20 minutes and set the chain.We covered a distance of 18 km within one hour and reached our destination.
How you felt about it?
- Even though we were all exhausted because we did not cover the longest distance before that, we enjoyed a lot.
- We did the shopping, clicked many pictures and had lunch.
- We came back to the hostel at about 4 PM.